Notice is hereby given of the 41st Annual General Meeting to be held in the Rocco Suite, Radisson Blu Hotel, on Thursday 21st June 2012 commencing at 6.00pm.
1. Welcome and apologies
2. To approve the minutes of the 40th Annual General Meeting held on 23rd June 2011.
3. To receive the annual report from the Chairman
4. To receive the annual report from the Treasurer and presentation of the audited accounts for the year ended 31st March 2012
5. To ratify the appointment of Bracken Rothwell as auditors
6. Appointment of Bracken Rothwell as auditors for the year
7. To consider and if deemed appropriate to approve all or any of the following proposed amendments to the constitution (such amendments, if approved, shall not take effect until the same have received the subsequent approval of the Royal Court);
7.1 To delete the existing rule 5.2 (b) and replace it with the following:
(b) has at least ten members if an unincorporated association or club or if a trust or company or other entity has, in the view of the Committee, sufficient controls in place for corporate governance purposes, and benefits a sufficiently wide sector of the public; and
7.2 To delete the words "in June of each year" in rule 11.1 and replace them with the following:
"within 6 months of the financial year end as set out in rule 13.1"
7.3 To add the following sentence to rule 14.1:
"The Committee shall have the power to fill a casual vacancy for the position of auditor provided that the auditor so appointed shall only hold office until the Annual General Meeting next following such appointment but shall be eligible for reappointment at the Annual General Meeting."
8. In accordance with 10.9 of the constitution, to consider the following options:
Option 1: Increase the current annual grant limit to £30,000 in any one financial year.
Option 2: Make any surplus from C.I. Lottery proceeds and in general funds at each financial year end available to any member charity/ies, regardless of any previous grants in the year.
Option 3: Increase the current annual grant limit to £30,000 in any one financial year and make any surplus from C.I. Lottery proceeds and in general funds at the financial year end available to any member charity/ies, regardless of any previous grants in the year
9. Election of Officers:
To elect the following Officers
9.2 Deputy Chair
9.5 Publicity Officer
9.6 Applications Review Officer
9.7 Training and Events Co-ordinator
The Committee are nominating the following persons for the following posts
a) Liz Le Poidevin, for the position of Chair
b) Chris Renouf for the position of Deputy Chair
c) Phillip Callow for the position of Treasurer
d) Simon Larbalestier for the position of Honorary Secretary
e) Lynsey Beahan for the position of Publicity Officer
f) Helen Davies for the position of Applications Review Officer
g) David Newman for the position of Training and Events Co-ordinator
Any other nominations for any office must be made by written notice executed by two Members entitled to vote in general meetings as intention to propose and second the nominee for a named office. That notice should be countersigned by the nominee so as to show his or her willingness to be appointed for such office and must be delivered to the Honorary Secretary by 5 p.m on the 14th June 2011.
10. To Expel 2 Members for non payment of subscription
7.1 Jersey Hyperbaric Treatment Centre - 2 years non payment of subs
7.2 From U 2 Them (Motor Neurone) - 2 years non payment of subs
11. Third Sector Forum - background
12. Any Other Business
• Your committee's stewardship of the AJC - comments
To be followed at 7.15pm with a talk by Professor Paul Palmer and a buffet to be served at 8.00pm
Dated this 21st May 2012